More than 90,000 students come to study in Canada every year and even more come to Canada to learn English or French. Foreign students bring a rich culture to our classrooms. Your knowledge and skills are welcome in our schools. In Canada, the provinces and territories have jurisdiction over education. For more detailed information on living and studying in a specific province or territory, contact the school where you wish to study.
Why Study in Canada
A United Nations survey has found Canada to be the best place in the world to live. This assessment was based upon Canada's achievements in terms of educational attainment, life expectancy, national income and general quality of life. Conducted every year, the survey evaluates quality of life in 174 countries, using over 200 performance indicators. Canada earned particularly high marks for its access to education, high life expectancy (due to universal health care system); and low crime and violence rates. Canada's prime cities Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal have been recognized as world class cities to live and work, for cleanliness, safety, cultural activities and attractive lifestyles.
Canada's education system is excellent and ranks among the best in the world. Moreover Canadian tuition fees are among the lowest in English-speaking countries.
- High standard educational institutions around the world
- Tuition fees for international students in Canada are much lower than comparable countries.
- Canada spends more per capita on education than any other country in the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- International educational experience since 100,000 international students come from all parts of the world annually in Canada
- Renowned all over the world for its tradition of hospitality and tolerance.
- A remarkable multicultural society
- Canada is a world leader in software development, telecommunications, aerospace, engineering, urban transport, biotechnology, mining technology and environmental industries.
- Canada offers a wide choice of over 90 universities and 150 colleges and technical institutes, featuring virtually every program imaginable.
- Remarkably low cost of living